If you’re running a small business, you have a budget. Heck, if you’re running any kind of business, you have a budget. Available marketing dollars are often less than they should be, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t manage Internet marketing strategies on a tight budget. Here are five unique Internet online marketing strategies that you can use right now (on the cheap).
1. Cheap Website Hosting Options. I know, along with cheap website hosting comes a whole lot of scams and traps you’d rather avoid. If you don’t know about these, I urge you to read through our blog to find out more.
But, every once in awhile, a host that’s on the inexpensive side — and also worthwhile – pops up. If you go with a cloud host, even better. Take advantage of cheap cloud hosting sites that offer great deals, your own domain name, and user-friendly control panels.
2. Use Social Media Sites. It’s really tough to plead the social media case. Even though sites like Facebook can actually help a company build up a online marketing strategy, some companies are reluctant to spend time or money on social platforms. Try it. At worst, you gain a few followers.
At best, you find a whole new market you weren’t even touching before. No time? Hire a social media person to help you out — just make sure that they are reputable.
3. Content Marketing. I have a love/hate relationship with content marketing. On the one hand, this form of marketing can be useful. On the other, it’s super time consuming. online Content marketing consists of posting (informative and well-written!) blog posts, creating guest blog posts on other sites, and adding an article or two to free article sites.
I cannot stress enough the importance of great content here. You’ll need to work with someone who can write well, won’t be pulling paragraphs from other sites, and will have your company’s best interests at heart. Content marketing without a professional (and, yes, this might mean paying top-dollar for a writer!) writer is like signing up for a cheap website hosting company without reading the fine print. Don’t do it.
4. Interact! This is such an easy thing to do! Are a lot of people responding to your blog posts? Write back! Did someone post about the cheap website hosting company you are using? Respond with detail! It’s not hard to communicate online, but very few companies actually pay attention to client responses. Go! Interact! Reach out!
5. Press Releases. Stop! Before you ask someone to write a PR for you, I want you to pause for a moment and ask yourself: do I have anything news worth to write about? Now, ask yourself: will a newspaper, magazine, or new site want to run this story? If the answer is “no,” a press release is not the cure for your marketing problems.
On the flip side, I often see companies that should be sending out releases ignoring the amazing potential of a press release! If you have news, spread it! Did you just open an honest and amazing cheap website hosting company? Don’t be shy! Have you discovered an amazing fact? Let the world know too. Press releases can help – if you actually have news to report! Do you have additional web marketing strategies /Internet marketing suggestions? Why not post below? Let us know what you think!