Tips for Faster-Loading Websites
In the website world, faster is definitely better. Why? So many things are directly impacted due to the speed of your site. Things like SEO rankings, conversion rates, and overall return on investment. How do you make your site faster? Here are 5 ways to speed up your site.
- Make Use of Content Delivery Networks. These networks include a system of servers that is spread across various data centres on the Internet. Numerous content delivery networks exist, and using a content delivery network with speed up your site drastically.
- Ask Little of HTTP. You can achieve fewer HTTP requests by not making any php calls, or by linking directly to your style sheet.
- Skip CSS Expressions. Using real Java Script instead of CSS expressions will help the speed of your site.
- Try to avoid any redirects. Redirects not only annoy site visitors, but most people do not trust redirects. Let your visitors visit your site alone, and don’t try to send them elsewhere.
- Create an Expires Header. Adding an expires header won’t speed up site loading time for a first-time site visitor. But, when that visitor heads to your site again, the site will load significantly faster.
Tips for Faster-Loading Websites: Goals of These Steps
In order to have an effectively fast site / Faster-Loading Websites, you have to focus on optimizing the way that your server and browser respond to user requests. So many companies have discovered that a slightly slower website leads to a loss in revenue.
For example, a mere 0.1% slower site result in Amazon losing 1% of customer revenue. When you’re running a site that attracts millions of people per day, a 1% loss is huge. Contrastingly, Mozilla managed to cut back load time by 2 tiny seconds, and gained 15.4% more conversions as a result — that’s huge. If you’re running an e-commerce site, faster loading times matter even more.
Tips for Faster-Loading Websites: The Ecommerce Site Time Factor
Online shoppers are impatient. More than 50% of online shoppers have reported that a fast site is vital. If a site doesn’t load quickly or redirects, shoppers are bound to purchase goods elsewhere. No matter what kind of business you are running, you can’t afford to lose clients to a slow site or redirecting tactics.
Here’s another amazing fact: more than 40% of shoppers will leave a site that takes more than 3 seconds to load. Three seconds! Attention spans are shorter than ever before, and many shoppers expect a site to take just 2 seconds to load. If you’re running a site that loads in more than three seconds, you are losing clients.
Tips for Faster-Loading Websites: Ensuring Speed
Making sure that your site loads quickly means finding a reliable web hosting company, and following the tips listed above. Otherwise, you are going to have a lot of frustrated consumers on your hands, and those consumers aren’t likely to return to a site that’s left a bad (and slow) taste in their mouths.
If some of the above technical jargon seems complex, contact your site hosting company for more information, or hire someone who knows how to set up your site right. In the end, that extra money spent on an IT person will be worth it.
Best Webhosting Providers
|Companies||Review||Details | Price||Price||Visit Now|
|$13.99 /mo.||Read Review||Websites on Account: 2
Domains Supported: 6
Add. Sub Domains: 25
|$42.00/Yr.||Read Review|| ~ 10,000 Visits Monthly,
10GB Web Space,
|$13.19 /mo.||Read Review||Diskspace Unlimited,
|$19.95 /mo.||Read Review||Unlimited Bandwidth,