What is web hosting?
Web hosting is basically a hosting service which allows user to access Existence on the World Wide web which makes your website available to users.
Web hosting companies on the other hand are the companies that offer web hosting services and Web hosting is a must for anyone who is looking to start a website as a site must be hosted for it to be accessible by others.
Best Web Hosting companies in 2016
Best and most Trusted Web Hosting Providers 2015-2016
What are some of the services that web hosting companies offer?
Web hosting companies offer their clients several hosting services. The services that web hosting companies are not just limited to hosting but they are a variety, These services range from:
- Domain hosting services
- Domain registration
- Web design services
- E-commerce hosting
- Shared hosting
- Dedicated server hosting
- VPS hosting
along with many other great hosting services.
What is shared hosting?
Shared Hosting is a service that is offered by almost all the web hosting companies in the hosting industry.
Shared hosting refers to a situation whereby multiple clients can share a web server. Thus the multiple websites of various clients are hosted by a single web server which is offered by the web hosting company and is in turn connected to the Internet. Shared hosting is a very economical option which one can use to get quality Web Hosting at a very reasonable price. Some of the common features of the shared hosting package offered by most web hosting companies include things such :-
- number of domains to be hosted
- comes with a dedicated IP address
- SSL certification and so much more.
Benefits of shared hosting
Clients who use shared hosting are entitled to get some benefits from their web host. Some of these benefits include:
- The first benefit that clients get by using shared hosting is the fact that it allows one to host multiple domains.
- Most web hosting companies run shared hosting packages that support e-commerce hosting and better yet most even offer SSL certification which further improves the e-commerce credibility of the website.
- Clients of web hosting companies are also entitled to get a money back guarantee if they are dissatisfied with the services offered by web hosting companies.
- Web hosting companies also ensure that shared hosting clients get excellent uptime, up to 99.9% guaranteed up time.
- Most web hosting companies use the c Panel, DirectAdmin, Plesk and H-Sphere control panels which are renowned in the industry. They are all user friendly and better yet, allow the users to easily and conveniently manage his/her site.
- There are security features that are included by the web hosting companies to ensure that their clients are safe from Spam and viruses as well.
- Clients are furthermore able to save on hardware, Internet connection costs and software cost as they get to share the infrastructure with others.
What is dedicated hosting?
Just as the word suggests, a dedicated server is a server that is solely dedicated to one client's website hosting needs. Only one company can access it. With dedicated hosting, the clients is able to choose what hardware and operating system that he/she wants to use.
Benefits of Dedicated Server Hosting
Some of the benefits of Dedicated Server Hosting are:
- There is so much power available that your hosting performs better as clients will be able to access more bandwidth, memory and so forth thus improving performance.
- On top of that, Dedicated Server Hosting is also very reliable as the client is able to have enough bandwidth and memory since there is no one to share with
- Dedicated Server Hosting is more secure. The likely hood of hacking, D Dos attacks any other security issues is reduced since your server is only handling your websites
- Clients enjoy a lot more flexibility and control when it comes to Dedicated Server Hosting since you do not have to share you server with anyone.