Right Procedures to Take Databackup of a website From cPanel
It is always suggested that you Databackup your website files before you make a most important change to your website. The process of backing up a website is a crucial part of normal account & any data bases utilized by maintenance. In essence, Backups region bestows a fundamental interface to download and store either all or just a few of the files, forwarders, filters and databases in your website. This particular tool may be of great use for more skilled users who want to speed up the entire process of backup.
In cPanel, there are 2 dissimilar methods through which you can create Databackups of your account with the help of the “Backup Wizard”. Either you can create and download a single Databackup file of your whole account, which consists of all your files & databases or you can generate & download Databackup of these items in isolation.
One can generate a backup of his/her website very easily. With the help of the cPanel Backups functionality, account backups can be done successfully for your hosting account. If your account is under 500MB, then, you can carry out a full account Databackup with a single click of your mouse. On the other hand, if the account is huge (more than 500MB) then, the full automatic backup of files & databases must be backed up individually. First and foremost, you should understand the requirements of your web site and decide what needs to be backed up or restored accordingly.
Steps to Backup a website in cPanel
The demonstration presented here has been done by assuming that the user had already logged in to his cPanel and is ready to learn about the website Databackup procedures. In order to login to the cPanel, just type your domain “URL” in your browser window and add “/cpanel” at the end of the URL.
As soon as you log into your cPanel, you will be taken to the home page. In the home page, you can find different sections to perform different unique operations.
1) Go to the ‘Files’ section and click on the icon that says “Backup Wizard”. (The Backup Wizard is basically an intelligible interface that can be used for generating a Databackup of the entire website, a fractional backup, or letting a web site restoration from the previous backup saved. The Backup Wizard may be very helpful to new users). Immediately, you will be taken to the chief backup screen where you can do backup or restoring of your files in your hosting account. You will find three options such as, Backup/restore, Full or partial backup and Download in the backup screen.
2) In the backup screen, click on the “Backup” link that can be found on the bottom of the page.
3) Here, you will be provided with the only choice of just backing up a part of your hosting account. However, you need to create a full backup. For this reason, go ahead and click the link that says “Full Backup”.
4) As soon as you click the link “Full Back up”, you’ll be taken to the page where complete back up can be done. Now, choose your preferred backup destination from the dropdown box. In this case, we have selected the “Home Directory” as our backup destination.
5) Now, click on the “Generate Backup” link at the bottom of the page. Great! We have just generated a full-backup to our preferred destination (in our case, the Home directory).
6) Now, click the “Go back” button to visit the ‘Full Back’ up page again.
7) Now, in order to download a copy of the backup to your computer, click the link that’s given below the subheading “Backups Available for Download”.
8) Go ahead and save this to your computer by clicking the option “Save file”. Now, we have successfully created a full back up.
9) In the same way, restoring your files also includes very simple procedures that are simple. In order to do so, go to the Home page again.
10) In the home page, Click on the “Backup Wizard” icon that’s under the Files section once more.
11) Now, click on the “Restore” button in the Backup Wizard page. You will be taken to the cPanel Restore Wizard page now.
12) In the Restore wizard page, you will provided with several restoring options such as, Home directory, MySQL databases and Email forwards & Files. Select a specific type of restore that you wish to do. In our case, we are choosing the option of restoring to the Home Directory.
13) Now, in an attempt to find out the home directory Databackup , click the browse button.
14) After locating the home directory Databackup , click the ‘Upload’ button.
That’s it!! Your files have now been successfully restored!
Now, you are aware of the right methods to generate a Databackup, with the help of cPanel and also to restore files from a backup.