HostNine: Company Overview
HostNine quickly made a buzz in the web hosting community for their excellent support and was acquired by EIG in July of 2012. HostNine and their sister company A Small Orange share the same administration, servers and support team. Both are known for their reasonably pricing at the same time providing outstanding service. By offering convenient and efficiency service, the customers are contented with their rates and guarantee of 99.9% uptime. Their packages include: Reseller, Shared, Media Hosting, Cloud VPS and Dedicated. The data center choices include: US, UK, Singapore, Canada, Australia and Amsterdam.
Shared hosting comprises of three plans: Personal, Business and Enterprise. Features include: 1-unlimited domains, unlimited storage, SSL and choice of data centers.
Reseller hosting has trio plans: Level I, Level II and Level III. It supplies the user with the following features: 19-199 Resold Accounts, 19-199 GB storage, 500-1500 GB bandwidth and free cPanel depending on the plan selected.
Cloud VPS is presented with three plans named: Level I, Level III and Level V. Its attributes include: 1-6 Cores, 15- 150 GB disk. 1 -16 GB RAM, 1000-5000 GB bandwidth, KSSPLICE and 2 IP’s. CPanel/WHM, Softaculous Included and VIP Boost features are provided in Level V. The user can start small and build package as business grows with this type of hosting as it includes redundant networks, migration support and flexibility.
Dedicated Hosting has specified plans in three levels: Level I, Level II and Level III. Its features include: 1 TB Hdd (Raid 1) or 128 GB SSD, 8 – 32 GB RAM, 500 – 2000 GB bandwidth, 8 – 32 IPs, free cPanel/WHM, free Softaculous and free KSPLICE. The features vary according to the plan chosen.
For shared hosting: Personal Plan costs $3.99 per month and includes $2 per month dedicated IP whereas the Enterprise Plan costs $ 9.99 and free priority support at $ 15 per month. Reseller hosting costs the user $14.99 – $ 39.99 per month for Level I and II plans respectively. Cloud VPS Level I costs $14.99 on monthly basis and Level V costs $59.99 to the user.
Dedicated Hosting is priced at $109.99 for Level I and $199.99 for Level III.
Features and Control Panel
Hostnine has been found to be extremely reliable and the uptime is nearly perfect and measured at about 99.98%.
- Use of cPanel makes it user friendly, along with Softaculous for all scripts.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee which is uncomplicated, pleasing and easy to understand!
- No sub-standard quality hardware is used for cutting corners with low end hardware.
- With a choice of numerous datacenters across 3 continents, HostNine’s network offers world-class network speed and dependability.
- Safe & secure custom in-house backup system for restoring precious data.
The company offers United States based phone support, along with 24/7 live chat support. Pros
- The user can choose server locations with HostNine which is a big deal for SEO business.
- Softaculous- preferred installer which makes it very simple to install WordPress, Joomla and other scripts.
- 45 day money back guarantee, though not the longest money back period, it is more than enough to ascertain if HostNine is the one or not.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee with one day of credit for each hour of downtime experienced.
- Ability to upgrade to some extremely well priced VPS servers.
Phone support is from 9 A.M. – 5:30 Monday through Friday.
- The server response time seems to be a little lower. It has been noted that for over 6 days 36.32 was their response rate was.
- The term “unlimited bandwidth” used in advertising is not what they say.
- No choice of server location in Basic plan.
HostNine Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be requested via the form, 48 hours or more prior to the Service`s renewal date.
Overall, HostNine makes available plenty of plans to fit definite needs. The prices are reasonable and users can avail heavy discounts by using coupon codes. The company provides an excellent support staff and plenty of huge hosting options.