Setting Domain NameServers on GoDaddy
When you register a domain with GoDaddy then they set up your domain on the parked Name-servers due to which a temporary page displays when visitors go to your website. After the hosting provider is decided then you can change your domain name servers to remove that parked page and then activate your domain name.
How to set Nameservers for a Domain registered with GoDaddy
- Login into your Account Manager.
- Click on domains and then click Launch.
- Select the domain name you want to modify.
- From settings select set Name-servers
- Now select one of the following:-
- I want to park my domains – This option parks your domain name on Godaddy parked servers. When someone opens your domain name from a Web browser, godaddy's default parking page is displayed.
- I want to forward my domains – Use this option if you want to forward this domain name to another URL.
- I have a hosting account with these domains Use this option when your domain name is hosted with GoDaddy.
- I have specific name-servers for my domains – This option indicates that you are hosting your domain name with another company (enter the two or more name-servers your hosting provider gave you), or you have custom name-servers you want to use for this domain name.
How to set Nameservers for Domain name registered elsewhere
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- From the Tools menu, select DNS Manager.
- Click change zone.
- Select the domain name you want to use, and then click OK.
Your domain's name-servers display in the NS (Name-server) section. You must provide these name-servers to your domain name's current registrar.
Example of Standard DNS nameservers:
ns01.domain control .com
ns02.domain control .com
Example of Premium DNS nameservers:
pdns01.domain control .com
pdns02.domain control .com
How much time is taken in resolving the DNS?
After updating your name-servers, allow 4 to 8 hours for other networks to access information for .com and .net domain names, and allow 24 to 48 hours for other networks to access information for all other domain extensions. If you have difficulty, contact our 24/7 technical support team for assistance.
For cPanel Tutorial : Click Here »