So, you want to start an adult hosting company. You figure that there's a good amount of cash in the industry, and you want a slice of that pie. Why shouldn't you? You're entitled! Just don't make the same mistakes that so many other adult hosting companies make. In fact, follow these tips instead.
Adult Hosting Company: Tips to Remember
1. Know your audience : Let's face it. You're not aiming for church goers with an adult site. So, don't advertise in the wrong place. When it comes to adult content, the best way to get the word out is to advertising on blogs and in magazines that are in the same line of business.
2. Keep it cheap : Adult website owners don't want to pay top-dollar for hosting. This might seem like a generalization, but it's also the truth. Your clients will be looking for cheap hosting options. Offer plans that fit the bill. For added revenue, you can cross or upsell.
3. Draw the line : You're going to offer hosting for adult content, but you have to draw that line somewhere. There's a debate over whether or not web hosting companies should be moral companies too, so I'm not going to get into that here. I will tell you that some people – even adult website owners — will be turned away if you let anyone open up shop using your hosting company.
4. Watch Google : Google is cracking down on some underage sites. While web hosting companies aren't responsible for content clients create, you don't want to get a bad reputation. Keep your nose clean, and avoid becoming the Pandora of the adult hosting industry.
5. Network and attend events : What kinds of events? Do I really need to spell it out? There are lots of trade show events that can be attended and plenty of cards that can be handed out. Make sure to visit these events in order to network.
There's some stiff competition when it comes to the adult hosting realm. In order to stand a world apart, make sure that you aren't offering services or marketing your adult hosting company just like all the rest.