You can restrict the length of time articles are kept in a Microsoft NNTP Service newsgroup and also how much disk space a newsgroup can occupy by defining expiration policies for newsgroups. An expiration policy can apply to a single newsgroup or any number of newsgroups. You can set as many policies as you need. In each case, the oldest articles deleted first.
If you do not specify an expiration policy for a newsgroup, you should delete articles manually when they are no longer needed.
To create an expiration policy
- Using Internet Service Manager, expand Default NNTP Site then click the Expiration Policies node.
- From the Action menu, click New, and then click Expiration Policy.
- Follow the instructions of the New Expiration Policy wizard.
You can modify an existing expiration policy, including changing the newsgroups to which the policy applies, using the General (Expiration Policy) property sheet.
To modify an expiration policy
- Using Internet Service Manager, expand Default NNTP Site then click Expiration policies.
- Select the expiration policy you want to modify.
- From the Action menu, click Properties.
- Change the options in the General (Expiration Policy) property sheet as needed.