In this fast-paced world, people look for convenience to meet the desire for knowledge. Running small businesses or independent ventures, consider following factors:
Craft Website Plan
- Set up the vision and idea about the website
- Content specific website
- E-commerce or Online store portal to sell services or product
- Entertainment or Leisure particular
- Advertising or Affiliate marketing, which relies on sponsored advertiser programs like CJ, Google's Adsense, WordPress.com monetization, companies affiliate programs.
- Membership and Subscription program where visitors pay for service
- Research the Niche areas
Hire website development company
- Discuss website building process and platform with developers. For fast and easy development use Content Management Systems like WordPress and Joomla.
- Discuss navigation and UI (User Interface) features and Elements on a website in organized visual manner.
Select Domain Name
- Domain name is the online brand identity.
- Purchase the domain name which is catchy, ease to recognize and fit with your business.
Choose Web Hosting Company
- A web hosting provider is a cornerstone for a successful website.
- Check Reviews and customers experiences on SiteGeek for the top hosting providers
- Look for their plans and with the help of developer match with your website needs.
- Use SiteGeek comparison tools to compare prices among competitors
- Check the kind of Support offered. Choose the company which provides 24.7.365 support via Live Help, E-mail, and Phone.
Content as per purpose
- For E-commerce list products, their descriptions attributes, images and vidoes to gain customers attention.
- For Blogging: Quality articles to engage readers
- Hire a good designer having sound knowledge and keen to experiement color combination, size, and styling of web elements, data presentation and test website performance for speed, interactivity, and consistency.
- Target oriented with focussed data properly positioned, sober pictorial and visual elements.
- Responsive website with adaptive layouts opening on all the devices screen sizes which include: iPad, iPod, Android Mobiles, Smart Phones and Internet TV sets.
Plan Website Security
- Use SSL Certificate to establish secure, encrypted connection between your website and a visitor’s web browser. It gives assurances to visitors that your site takes privacy and security seriously. And, if you are storing login, personal information or processing payments then SSL is a must.
- Manage User Access to protect a system from scam or hack by unauthorized users. Assign permissions for usage like WordPress allow different levels of access.
- Update Softwares: To patch up vulnerabilities and security flaws, update your software as it becomes available.
Plan Backup Policy
Backup your website both locally and online. Depending upon the usage, plan site backups.
Having precaution is good.
Promote Your website
- Research areas to gain backlinks, promote on Social media like Facebook, Linkedin and Google+ to engage people taking about the same.
- Search engine listing on Yahoo, MSN and Google local business increases website visibility.
- Gain positive feedback from customers and list them under testimonials page.
- Digital Marketing: Business verification, Ad-words campaigns, YP.com listing, search analytics reports