Dedicated Server Hosting
Decisions are tough. When it comes to web hosting, do you go with cloud hosting, a dedicated server, or managed hosting solution? You've settled on the dedicated server option, now the most important decision of all: who's best to host your site?
Looking for the best-dedicated server hosting services money can buy? Here are dedicated server reviews of the top five dedicated server companies to help you make your decision.
This web hosting company comes in at number three. 100TB will give you a high power dedicated server hosting option that performs exceptionally at an exceptionally affordable price. All of their servers are fully automated, and as such give you a reliable, fast network.
Enjoy the 1Gbit dedicated port, 100TB bandwidth, and 2 X 1TB hard drive. They have a reputation for providing the latest in technology which adds up to an amazing performance. Whether Windows- or Linux-based, 100TB has you covered. cPanel is used for Linux and PLESK for Windows.
High-quality Customer service with free installation or reinstallation of OS and control panel. As well as free transfer from one host to another.
InMotion web hosting company is rated number one when it comes to providing dedicated server hosting services. Founded in 2001, it has fast become the industry leader in reliable and affordable hosting solutions. Their outstanding customer tech support and uptime stats of 99.9% set them apart from the rest, offering their clients feature-rich hosting services they just don't want to part with.
InMotion relies on only Dell servers. Data is backed up on a daily basis. If problems arise and you decide to back out, InMotion offers a 90-day money back guarantee. It isn't likely you'll find this the case, as their customer service is second to none.
Count on unlimited My SQL databases, RAID 1 High-Performance data storage exclusive to elite plans, unlimited FTP accounts, Linux Cent OS for those who prefer it, unlimited email accounts, and unlimited individual c Panel sub-accounts.
Relying on Intel processors, Kingston memory, Western Digital, and Seagate hard Lansing, MI, US-based Liquidweb specialize in Linux or Windows dedicated servers. Whether cloud or cluster hosting, it's easy to see why this is one of the top web hosting companies.
Liquidweb gives customers their own server control panel, requiring no tech support at all. It is essentially an Ajax platform that gives the customers the power to control new tasks like checking bandwidth or restarting the servers.
They rely on the following processors in their dedicated servers:
The Core i3 540 processor
(2 cores x 3.06GHz, 10TB bandwidth, 500Gb disk space, up to 4GB of DDR3 RAM);
Xeon E3-1230 processor
(4 cores x 3.2GHz, 10TB bandwidth, 500GB disk space, 8GP DDR3 RAM);
Xeon 5410 processor
(4 cores x 2.33GHz, 1TB disk space, 10TB bandwidth, and 8GB DDR2);
Xeon 5506 processor
(4 cores x 2.13GHz, 10TB bandwidth, 500GB disk space, and 8GB DDR3.)
Fourth on our list is Interserver, Some of the stand-out features of their dedicated server hosting: allows for SSH root access; uses cPanel; Red 5; Fantastico ready-to-go upon installation; supports FFmpeg, PHP5, and My SQL5.
Customer service is quick to respond to any requests around the clock, providing technical support where necessary. Enjoy free firewall protection and back ups as well.
Up To You
Ananova provides the list of top five dedicated server hosting companies. Hopefully, making the tough decision of which company to choose a little bit easier. Ultimately, it all comes down to your business needs; the amount of space allotted; and how much control over your site you have (a control panel that you, well, control is the best situation)
Dedicated Hosting Features
- Rented server housed at provider's premises
- Resources exclusive for client
- A client configures, manage and operate it remotely. Root access provided for administration.
- It offers the medium and large business owners fast, powerful, reliable and professionally maintained a web presence.
- Client chooses Software, O.S, web server and hardware configuration
Types of dedicated servers
A dedicated server can be of the following two types:
- Managed Dedicated Server: Provider maintains and monitors dedicated servers, operating system, and support client.
- Unmanaged Dedicated Server: In this case, the server is operated, maintained and managed by the client. The web host only provides storage space, physical security, and the negotiated bandwidth. The company needs to have a team of knowledgeable competent experts to tackle any technical problems that might crop up. But at times the web hosts provide technical consultancy at a nominal fee.
Need for dedicated servers
A dedicated server is an expensive proposition and it is suitable for the following:
- Large companies with a strong capital base
- Business with a considerable online presence and an abundance of traffic.
- Companies that engage in e-commerce through website
Advantages of a dedicated server
Dedicated servers have the following advantages:
- Dedicated servers provide higher reliability, increased performance, greater security and exclusive use of the server, system and network resources to the client.
- The sites perform better as in a case of a dedicated server the client has the exclusive server devoted solely to him. There is no sharing involved which adds to the performance of the system.
- It helps the client in cost saving as the client doesn’t need to purchase or maintain the equipment.
- The client doesn’t need to spend on a technical team. It is the responsibility of the web host that all technical difficulties are taken care of by him.
- The web host provider guarantees spare parts/ ability to procure spare parts at a very short notice to cover up common problems related to the server.
Disadvantages of a dedicated server
The following are the disadvantages of a dedicated server:
- Dedicated servers are very expensive. They are not easily affordable. The companies opting for a dedicated server needs to have a large capital base.
Middle-level companies cannot even meet the expense of a dedicated server.
- The server is the property of the service provider. The only thing that the company owns is the data.
- The web hosts charge exorbitantly high fees from the clients. At times they charge extra for consultancy charges in a case of technical knowledge required by the client.
- Lastly changing the web host becomes impossible. Even if not satisfied with their services compel to continue with them.
In choosing a web host provider for a dedicated server a client has to be very cautious as changing over a web host is not an easy task. Website establishes an online identity of the company and the services provided through websites goes a long way in promoting the brand name of the company which has a positive impact on the sales and revenue generation of the company.